Please forgive me for taking so long to blog again. It has been a crazy couple of weeks with the holidays and then I have been sick with a bad sinus/chest infection. But I am up today and taking nourishment as my Granny would say, so I am at it again.
Olivia is still loving her goats milk. She is eating 25-30 oz a day of milk and we have added some fruits--pears and prunes. She loves them! She eats her fruit and sometimes a little cereal through a feeder bottle, she still doesn't like to use a spoon. This is fine with me as she will eat all of her fruit this way and it is much less mess. She is basically just a happier and healthier baby.
She has started to sit-up a little bit, unsupported. In fact she is sitting here on my knee as I type. I put my arm around her, with her back to me, and she is quite content to sit and watch me work on the computer. We do a lot of homework this way.
We have sent off our paperwork to finalize the adoption. We will have our last home visit this month and then the court date should be set for early February. We have asked for February 5, 8, or 12. February 5 is the earliest possible date. When we get her new birth certificate we can apply for her social security card and passport for our trip to New Zealand next summer.
Everything here is going quite well. Andy is happy at church. We love our little house and our town, although we don't get to the bay as much as we would like to. He is spending a lot of time with Olivia and loves every minute of it. He can give her a bath all by himself, change diapers like a pro, feed her, make bottles, and yes, he is even learning the art of washing her clothes. I know you say, Andy is laundry challenged, but he is learning. I can't imagine having a baby with a Dad who was less involved. He is such a big help and Olivia is so blessed to be able to spend so much time with him. This week, while I was sick, he took her to work on Thursday and they were gone for almost nine hours. She didn't fuss too much, drank two bottles (away from home--this is new), and was the hit of the day. They even went to story time for a little while. I was so excited to be alone, I forgot to take a nap and spent the whole day playing cards in bed.
Tomorrow we have one service at church with a potluck afterwards. I am making a meat loaf and baked beans (from a can). Andy is out of school until February and is still not sure what to do with his time. He did find out yesterday that he made a B+, B, and a B-. So he has a 3.43 GPA. This from a guy who was convinced he might fail two classes. I guess that's about all--we are still doing WW and having some success! We are not giving up this time. Read my other blog for more details on that (if you wish), as well as, recipes and cleaning hints (I've gone to homemade cleaning products).
Olivia is still loving her goats milk. She is eating 25-30 oz a day of milk and we have added some fruits--pears and prunes. She loves them! She eats her fruit and sometimes a little cereal through a feeder bottle, she still doesn't like to use a spoon. This is fine with me as she will eat all of her fruit this way and it is much less mess. She is basically just a happier and healthier baby.
She has started to sit-up a little bit, unsupported. In fact she is sitting here on my knee as I type. I put my arm around her, with her back to me, and she is quite content to sit and watch me work on the computer. We do a lot of homework this way.
We have sent off our paperwork to finalize the adoption. We will have our last home visit this month and then the court date should be set for early February. We have asked for February 5, 8, or 12. February 5 is the earliest possible date. When we get her new birth certificate we can apply for her social security card and passport for our trip to New Zealand next summer.
Everything here is going quite well. Andy is happy at church. We love our little house and our town, although we don't get to the bay as much as we would like to. He is spending a lot of time with Olivia and loves every minute of it. He can give her a bath all by himself, change diapers like a pro, feed her, make bottles, and yes, he is even learning the art of washing her clothes. I know you say, Andy is laundry challenged, but he is learning. I can't imagine having a baby with a Dad who was less involved. He is such a big help and Olivia is so blessed to be able to spend so much time with him. This week, while I was sick, he took her to work on Thursday and they were gone for almost nine hours. She didn't fuss too much, drank two bottles (away from home--this is new), and was the hit of the day. They even went to story time for a little while. I was so excited to be alone, I forgot to take a nap and spent the whole day playing cards in bed.
Tomorrow we have one service at church with a potluck afterwards. I am making a meat loaf and baked beans (from a can). Andy is out of school until February and is still not sure what to do with his time. He did find out yesterday that he made a B+, B, and a B-. So he has a 3.43 GPA. This from a guy who was convinced he might fail two classes. I guess that's about all--we are still doing WW and having some success! We are not giving up this time. Read my other blog for more details on that (if you wish), as well as, recipes and cleaning hints (I've gone to homemade cleaning products).
Beautiful smiles...
Olivia had been at work all day with Dad--
and she came back all smiles!
She is growing up too fast!
Five months old... she can sit up for a about 10 seconds,
totally unsupported!
Andy shaved his beard for me (as a gift),
because I have never seen him without it.
It is already growing back.
this beautiful doll. We named her Esme, which means
"Protector of Grace." They are inseparable.
Olivia loved the lights on the Christmas tree!
