Well, it's official--sort of. Our new birth mother reported to her counselor that she enjoyed our phone conversation and wants to keep talking to us. When asked if she wanted to talk with any other prospective adoptive parents, she said, "No, I am happy with the Paynes." Yay!
This is such a strange process--it is something like dating or courting anyway. We talk on the phone and decide if we have any connection at all. Then if there is some kind of chemistry the process continues. So, here we go.
Barbara, the birth mother counselor, indicated we need to schedule a time for us to meet in Texas. She also scheduled a new time for us to talk to our birth mother on Sunday after church.
Please keep praying for us. We feel as if this is all in God's hands. We are not as worried as we were last time, but neither are we as excited. It reminds me of when Andy and I met. It all seemed too good to be true and so I sort of tuned out and just didn't think about it. I simply let whatever was happening, happen. That turned out to be the greatest blessing of my life! That is how this feels. It's funny because Andy and I have talked about that tuning out process and simply letting God carry you along a journey--he experienced it to before we were married. He says that is exactly how he feels now. Let the journey begin! We are so fortunate to get to share this journey with each other. We know that and we thank God for that every day.
