Monday, June 18, 2007

We're going to San Antonio at the end of the month

Today we had another good conversation with our birth mother. She says she is very tired, hot, and ready for this to be over. When she realized that she only has about 6-7 more weeks she got really excited. That seemed to be good news for us and maybe an indication that she is not bonding with this baby. Every time we talk we get a good ear full of her 15 mos. old boy who lives with her and he is quite a HAND full.

It looks as if we are going to San Antonio the week of June 25-29. We will likely leave on Monday and return Friday. That will give us a day to meet her, a day to rest, and get us home by Sunday. She will be scheduling her c-section at her doctor's appointment on June 25, so we will know that week when to plan our next trip over for the birth. We will also be making a birth plan when we meet with her that week.

All things seem to be going more smoothly this time, but we remain very cautious. We don't feel the overwhelming sense of "oh, we might be parents in a few weeks" like we did last time. I think we know that may be true, but we are approaching it much differently this time. Right now we are busy trying to figure out if Andy can take his summer classes as one of them will likely take place the week the baby is to be born. We seem to be in a "wait and see" holding pattern.

Our church fast and prayer service went really well. It was such a good thing to experience as a group. I, for one, really felt as if I was able to give over a lot of the anger I have been carrying around lately. Our pastor said an especially wonderful prayer for our student ministry and the church as a whole. It is always such a blessing to share prayer together in that manner--to be in the sanctuary and just openly and privately praying as a group--there is so much power in that. I will never forget a time when we led a service like that in Athens. My mother had come to lead a mini-revival and a small group of us met in the sanctuary for prayer and anointing. It was a blessed time, one that I will never forget--just as I will never forget last night's service.

Please continue to be in prayer for our adoption and our ministry. We will keep you posted of any changes.