Thursday, June 28, 2007

We made it to San Antonio!

Well, we finally made it to San Antonio. This trip seemed to go smoother than our last one. It is definitely worthwhile stopping and spending the night half way. We stopped in Slidell, LA, and stayed at a very nice La Quinta. La Quinta always takes pets and has a microwave in every room (among other things). Not to mention, they also have breakfast. So we were able to make up the cost difference between Motel 6 and La Quinta by bringing dinner with us from home and eating their continental breakfast.

Somehow, I managed to throw my lower back out while helping load the car from the hotel. This means Andy had to drive the whole way from Slidell to San Antonio. He did an excellent job, navigating past three accidents, while I sat very still with an ice pack on my back. Today, I am going to see Mom's chiropractor for some intervention before we head back to Florida on Friday.

Our meeting with our birth mother is tonight at 6 pm. We are excited, but not nearly as much as we were last time. I guess that is probably normal after what we have been through. It was funny this morning Mom had forgotten that was why we even made the trip. (Ha!) We all seem to have an attitude of "we hope it works, but if it doesn't that's okay too..." We'll let you know later how things go!